Valerie J. Southern – Transportation Consultant, LLC (VJS-TC) is a limited liability company, originally established in the Seattle region in 1998. After nearly a decade operating in Fairfax, Virginia, the company recently re-located to Rhode Island in 2016. Its market areas include Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington State and the District of Columbia.
VJS-TC is expert in the planning, management, engineering and design of public transportation systems. These include highway, roadway, park and ride, public transportation, rail, freight, ferry, pedestrian, bicycle and recreational trail systems.
VJS-TC clients are federal, state, regional, county, local and tribal governments and private engineering and planning firms.
VJS-TC is expert in:
- Transportation elements of short and long range master plans
- System planning and policy - all transportation modes
- Traffic engineering, operations and design
- National transportation (FAST Act) funding, requirements and policy
- Innovative finance and capital programming
- National transportation studies and research
Awards, Certifications and Registrations
- Named one of the nation's "Top 50 Diversity-Owned Businesses" by DiversityBusiness.com.
- Named "Business Person of the Year" by Issaquah, Washington Chamber of Commerce.
- Certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) in Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Missouri, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington State and the District of Columbia.
- Registered in Federal System of Award Management (SAM) - CAGE Code 1M3U2.
Member in Good Standing with:
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) - Rhode Island
- American Planning Association (APA) – Rhode Island
- Institute of Management Consultants (IMC)
- Women’s Transportation Seminar - Rhode Island